Red Candle Games
Based in Taipei, Taiwan
September 1, 2015
Press / Business contact:
Red Candle Games is formed by a group of game enthusiasts from Taiwan. We are passionate about crafting the most immersive gaming experiences through both storytelling and innovative gameplay.
Founded in September 2015 by six individuals from various backgrounds. At first, the team was united because of one game, Detention, and the goal was to create a game that enable us to illustrate Taiwanese culture and history. As the project progressed, and as more team members started to devote full time to the development, we realized our passion for game making has lead us to the establishment of a game company.Detention
The team's first major title, Detention, a 2D survival horror game for PC, Mac and Linux, released on January 2017. The game is based in Taiwanese/Chinese culture and mythology, resulting in some unique graphics and gameplay.
'還願Devotion' Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Red Candle Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Journey Award" - IndieCade, USA, 2017
- "Best Design" - Taipei Game Show, Taiwan, 2017
- "Best Narration" - IndiePlay, China, 2017
- "Best Narration Nominee" - BIG Festival, Brazil, 2017
- "Best Game Award Nominee" - IndiePlay, China, 2016
- "Best Audio Nominee" - IndiePlay, China, 2016
- "A heavy dollop of Silent Hill, it’s a horror game unlike anything else I’ve played."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Every facet of Detention moves in one harmonious lockstep towards an unavoidable tragedy, drowning out the world around you."
- Destiny Maddox, Rely On Horror
- "The art direction, atmosphere, and audio design are all very well done. It has a polish you don’t often see in adventures by small teams."
- Andy Kelly, PC Gamer
- "Detention has a visual style that distinguishes it from many other games."
- Daniel Fries, Kill Screen
Team & Repeating Collaborator
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks